Monday, November 23, 2009

Negative Mondays 23

OK, so this one's gonna be short and sweet.

I was sick. I'm getting better. More later.

What? Not good enough? OK.

November 9 was the start of the busiest week I've worked at my current job. Throughout the week, I was wearing thin, and by Friday I was done. I cashed out and hit the hay by 8:00 Friday night. Went to the doctor the next day and was diagnoased with the flu.

Turns out it was H1N1, as the "seasonal" flu has yet to hit Michigan.

From there, I spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in bed. Woke up long enough Tuesday to know something wasn't right and my lovely wife decided to take me to the hospital. Three IV bags, one antibiotic bag, and a painkiller that could have stopped an elephant's toothache, I went home, with a new diagnosis - pneumonia.

So I've been a little under the weather, which has been unseasonably mild for Michigan - and should be back in action soon.

In the meantime, I'd like to mention that the Blackest Night issue of DP sold out and a second printing should be hitting shops this week.

Also worthy of a mention, Mattycollector.com has the Justice League Unlimited style DP figures for sale. Haven't ordered mine yet, but soon. I'll track the process here for everyone's edification.

Also to keep you coming back, I've got the second part of my chat with Matthew Clark coming up.

Glad to see you all got along nicely while I was gone. Some advice was asked, given, and appreciated. Good times.

This may not be the most frequently updated blog out there, but the folks here are nice and friendly-like. Makes me happy.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Doug - sorry to hear you have had a few hits to your health lately - but glad you are on the right track and heading upwards again! Hope you feel back to your best again soon, and look forward to what you have instore for us when you are.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. I always enjoy stopping by here to check out what's new in Doom Patrol land.

    Murray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, now my "winter-proofing-my-parents-house" excuse for not posting is looking pretty lame. Pneumonia?! Sorry, can't top that.
    If you're still laid up, you may want to see if your cable company has something akin to the "onDemand" feature. In my area they've made all 17 episodes of the 1967-1968 PRISONER series available free to promote the new AMC mini. I've rationalized watching them all over again because I'll be reviewing the Morrison issues in the spring and his Prisoner LS immediately preceded his run on DP, possibly reflecting his frame of mind. Not sure about that yet.
    On the bright side, the Ditko Creeper issues are finally being compiled in a trade and the 90's Shade should be out now (vols 1 and 2), which bodes well for the 1977-1988 DP and other pre-Vertigo stuff to be brought back into print. That and some orange juice ought to help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails